Friday, December 21, 2012

How to have an epic movie experience.

Okay, it has been requested that I do a post on how to have a good movie experience, although there is no right or wrong way to watch a movie there are certain things that make a watching a movie better.

When ever I watch a movie I always have to have the lights off otherwise they reflect off the screen and it annoys me, I also have my tv in front of my window (which the curtains stay closed) because that way even if I choose to open the curtains for what ever reason there's no distracting or annoying shadows/reflections on the t.v. screen.

Also I usually watch movies in bed away from my loud siblings, so I'm used to having tons of pillows and blankets when watching a movie. It's gotten to a point that if I'm watching a movie out in the lounge room or in the shed I have to have a quilt with me. This is especially good for watching Horrors or Thrillers.

Now, whenever I'm watching a movie I always need something to drink and snack on. Usually foods that are unhealthy if you have too much at once.

Then when it comes down to the volume when watching a movie, I usually have it up really loud. I'm notorious for getting told off for the volume being up too high. However when you have a good surround sound, or even if you don't, having the sound up is a given. I get so annoyed at my dad when we're watching a movie and he has the volume on 15 or under because I miss half of everything thats said.

As far as electronics go, they don't. Laptops, iPods, iPads, No, No, No! Just no. There is nothing more annoying for me then trying to watch a movie with someone who is paying more attention to facebook then the movie. You miss out on so much. And then they turn to you at a vital point in the movie and go I don't get it, or who is that, or why's that happening. I understand that sometimes when your watching something and theres a really funny quote that you want to tweet or facebook, but when its something you've never seen before and your face is on the computer screen for 90% of the movie thats not cool.

Also make sure the movie is suitable for all viewers. Theres nothing more uncomfortable than watching If These Walls Could Talk 2 with young children or for teens with parents, and the only thing worse than watching Amusement with someone who's not okay with scary movies is, well, nothing.

I hope this helped and if not then I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment